The International Conference on Software and Systems Reuse (ICSR) is the premier event in the field of software reuse research and technology. The main goal of ICSR is to present the most recent advances and breakthroughs in the area of software reuse and to promote an intensive and continuous exchange among researchers and practitioners.
The 20th International Conference on Software and Systems Reuse (ICSR-2022) will be held on June 15-17 2022, in Montpellier, France. The guiding theme of this edition is reuse and software quality.
We invite submissions on new and innovative research results and industrial experience reports dealing with all aspects of software reuse within the context of the modern software development landscape. Topics include but are not limited to the following.
1. Technical aspects of reuse, including:
- Domain analysis
- Reuse in/for Quality Assurance (QA) techniques, testing, verification, etc
- Domain ontologies and Model-Driven Development
- Variability management and software product lines
- Context-aware and Dynamic Reuse
- Reuse in and for Machine Learning
- Domain-specific languages (DSLs)
- New language abstractions for software reuse
- Generative Development
- COTS-based development and reuse of open source assets
- Retrieval and recommendation of reusable assets
- Reuse of non-code artefacts
- Architecture-centric reuse approaches
- Service-oriented architectures and microservices
- Software composition and modularization
2. Reuse organizational, managerial, economic, and legal issues, in general, and as they pertain to the new development landscape (wide-spread open-source libraries, IoT, AI):
- Economic models of reuse
- Benefit and risk analysis, scoping
- Legal and managerial aspects of reuse
- Reuse adoption and transition to software reuse
- Lightweight reuse approaches
- Reuse in agile projects
3. Software reuse in industry
- Reuse success stories
- Reuse failures, and lessons learned
- Reuse obstacles and success factors
- Return on Investment (ROI) studies
We welcome research (16 pages) and industry papers (12 pages) following the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science format. Submissions will be handled via EasyChair. Submissions will be **double-blindly** reviewed, meaning that authors should:
- Omit all authors’ names and affiliations from the title page
- Do not include the acknowledgement section, if you have any, in the submitted paper
- Refer to your own work in the third person
- Use anonymous GitHub, Zenondo, FigShare or equivalent to provide access to artefacts without disclosing your identity
Both research and industry papers will be reviewed by three members of the programme committee (check the website for details). An award will be given to the best research and the best industry paper.
The authors of selected papers from the conference will be invited to submit an extended version (containing at least 30% new material) to the open special issue « Software Reuse for the Next Generation » in the Journal of Systems and Software (Elsevier). The expected submission date for full papers is November, 2, 2022. More details will follow.
Important dates (Research and Industry papers)
Abstract submission: January 7, 2022
Full paper submission: January 21, 2022